Thank you for sending your work to Aquifer. Please submit original artwork here. We are now accepting submissions of 1 to 10 pieces and will publish between 1 and 5 works by an artist at one time. This is a new category of publication for us, so we can't refer you to examples of our aesthetic quite yet, though you might want to look at recent covers of our print magazine to see the high quality of work we seek: https://floridareview.cah.ucf.edu/issues/.
Please see our separate category for submissions for our print magazine cover.
Artwork may be entered in the following categories:
- Photographic & Digital Art (Including but not limited to: photography, digitally manipulated work, neon work)
- Three Dimensional Design & Sculpture (Including but not limited to: stone, glass, metal and wood work; ceramics, textiles)
- Painting, Drawing & Mixed Media (Including but not limited to: painting, illustration, calligraphy, printmaking, collage)
- Video, Installation & Performance (Including but not limited to: video, installation, performance art) (Please note that we have a separate submission category for Digital Stories and will be introducing Short Film soon. "Video art" here indicates work that does not fall into the other two categories.)
Please note that:
- Works previously exhibited and published elsewhere are accepted, though we prefer to offer work not available on the web elsewhere.
- Collaborative works are accepted.
- Works produced within the last three years are preferred, although works made at any time before submission can be entered.
- Be at least 300 dpi
- Use one of these file types: jpeg, gif, tiff, png, mp4
- Include an artist statement of 150-200 words
In your cover letter please include a link to your personal website/online portfolio if you have one, as well as a brief bio, and let us know how you found out about Aquifer